Responsible for driver scheduling and dispatching trucks to ensure on-time departure. Monitors drivers throughout the day and relays information to customer service so they may inform customers of potential late deliveries or problems. Responsible for monitoring hours of service for drivers.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Prepares driver scheduling and updates daily schedules.
- Dispatches trucks and ensures on-time departure.
- Ensures late truck report and extra Utilization report is prepared.
- Collaborates with Customer Service for late truck notifications.
- Prepares and maintains DVCR spreadsheet.
- Monitors Dashboard and provides quality driver check in.
- Ensures available hours report is accurate for DOT compliance.
- Keeps area clean and maintains a safe working environment.
- Offers support/directions to drivers whenever necessary.
- Reports violations of company policy to supervisor or lead.
- Dispatching functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Deadlines are met.
- High school diploma or GED
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of DOT regulations
- Transportation/Operations preferred but not required
- System implementation experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiar with delivery routes and DOT rules and regulations.
- Understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.