Cook / Kitchen Manager Full-time including days, nights, weekends and holidays RESPONSIBILITIES: (duties include but are not limited to the following)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Cook, order supplies, food and ingredients based on rapidly shifting demands.
- Hire and train kitchen staff in specific stations and cross train as necessary.
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure there are always enough workers to meet the demand, particularly for the rush times.
- Maintain inventory levels and conduct monthly inventory counts.
- Schedule and conduct necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances.
- Establish and enforce expectations on food quality & presentation standards
- Maintain an orderly, clean kitchen operation in compliance with all applicable codes and inspections
- Utilize all facilities (restaurant, events center, patio, amphitheater, golf, etc.) to drive revenue and profitability in cooperation with the General Manager
- Partner with GM on front of house expectations and assist in creating accountability
- Participate in weekly staff meeting with GM, Support Staff, and Golf Superintendent
- Participate in front of house and back of house daily staff meetings
- Additional responsibilities not detailed here, but necessary for the success of Pin Oak in cooperation with the General Manager and Board of Directors
- Responsible for Full P and L for Food and Beverage
- maintain catering menu in conjunction with General Manager
- develop restaurant menu(s)
- work with supply chain vendors as appropriate
- execute kitchen related operations for the restaurant
- execute events
2 + years restaurant experience
Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Excellent communication skills
Willing to work a flexible schedule
Experience with delegating tasks and maintaining fast speed of service
Serv-safe certified or willing to complete the course
Location/Region: Manchester, IA