The University of Iowa Center for Advancement has openings for administrative associates supporting units in Health Sciences Development and Information Technology/Data Analytics.
Performs administrative duties for designated unit. Maintains a general knowledge of all organizational departments, procedures, and systems. Assists designated staff in meeting the goals for their area(s) and the goal of the organization to engage alumni and friends and increase philanthropic support for the university by serving as a liaison between designated staff and internal departments, UI departments/colleges, alumni, friends, and donors.Key Responsibilities:
- Provides general phone/email support for designated staff and responds to inquiries.
- Interacts with alumni, friends, donors, clients, boards, and committees. Responds to inquiries and requests.
- Provides administrative support for purchasing, invoicing, and budgeting processes.
- Assists with creation of executive level presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Reviews, proofs, and composes written material, adhering to the organizational standards according to the Style Manual.
- Assists staff in reaching programming and development goals.
- Sets up, coordinates, and tracks various phases of projects.
- Maintains online calendars by scheduling and arranging meetings and appointments.
- Coordinates various phases of special events.
- Coordinates trip planning for assigned staff.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data for specialized reports using research, systems, and critical thinking.
- Creates and maintains information and documents on the departmental SharePoint sites.
- High school diploma plus 4 or more years of administrative or communications-related experience required (2 or more years of experience with AA degree).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills, time management, and careful attention to detail.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office.
For fullest consideration, please apply by January 26.
Location/Region: Iowa City, IA