ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
US Nameplate Company seeks to hire a Punch Press Operator. This is a long term, full-time position. The Press Operator is responsible for setup and operation of the metal punch presses to meet established production goals in a safe way complying with all company and OSHA safety policies and practices, ensuring that all products manufactured meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and performance standards.
- Selecting correct tooling (dies, punches, fixtures) and material for the job task according to work orders and drawings.
- Setting up the tooling, fixtures and the punch press according to work instructions, work orders or other released documentation.
- Setting up CNC controlled strip feeders, as required.
- Performing in-process inspection of parts to ensure press-repeatability.
- Adjusting parameters to ensure part dimensional compliance in accordance with work instructions, blueprints, shop packets or other released documentation.
- Performing tear-down of set-ups and proper storage of tools, fixtures, dies, etc.
- Verifying dimensions of products.
- Maintaining good housekeeping by keeping tools, material and equipment in proper place.
- Basic ability to troubleshooting equipment, tooling and processes/procedures.
Knowledge of and ability to design and fabricate safety shielding and guarding, as required, is beneficial.QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, strong math skills essential to successful operations.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing/Metal Fabrication/Metal Stamping.
- Ability to read and understand dimensional blueprints.
- Micrometer/Caliper measuring tool experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently. On occasion, lifting and weight exceeding 50 pounds may be required. Use of hearing and eye protection is required.
About this company
US Nameplate Co.
Location/Region: Mount Vernon, IA