Will serve a very important role in a small health clinic. Must be able to handle confidential patient information. Must have superb customer service skills. Will be rooming patients, calling in prescriptions, and filling refill requests via fax. Will be instructing patients with directions for collection of multiple specialty laboratory test kits. Will be triaging and responding to various incoming calls from various patients. Must be very task oriented. Will be in communication and interact with a small team of a nurses, front office staff, and nurse practitioner.
Strong communication and decision making skills, and attention to details are important. Will also need to be proficient in front office responsibilities including: checking patients in and out collecting office copays and help with purchase and sales of various products. Will order inventory as necessary as well as assist with numerous administrative roles when needed. This applicant must be organized and be strong in time management, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.It is imperative that this individual has a personal commitment to wellness with healthy eating, exercising, and making healthy choices. We prefer this individual not smoke.Duties:
- Collect vital signs while rooming patients
- Call in prescriptions and fax refill requests to pharnacies
- Answer incoming and outgoing calls
- Take detailed messages from patients with questions regarding their healthcare
- Schedule patient appointments
- Check patients in and out collecting copays
- Prepare documents as needed
- Fax health records as needed and manage incoming correspondence
- Order products, entering into inventory on a weekly basis
- Assist other team members as needed
- Other projects as assigned
Graduate from an accredited program for MA, LPN, or RN Qualifications:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Current state MA, LPN or RN license
- CPR certified preferred
Additional beneficial experience:
- Experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in clinic setting.
- Dedications to one’s personal health.
- Interest in a more integrative (combining natural with conventional) approach to medicine
- Quickbooks Pro usage.
- Microsoft Office (Word, excel, publisher, outlook)
We do not offer health insurance benefits at this clinic at this time.
Location/Region: Hiawatha, IA